Do you own a PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 but still have an adoration for all things retro? If so, then you should head over and take a look at Sony’s PSN Remasters and Retro Sale, which is currently active and features over 160 games that you’re going to want to look over. But you’ll want to act fast, as the deals won’t last forever.
Some of the best deals include more than one game, especially when it comes to a few Konami compilations. For instance, fans of the publisher’s long history will be delighted to note that the sale includes Castlevania Anniversary Collection, which features eight great titles from the series, one of which was previously never released in English until this compilation.
Similarly, Contra Anniversary Collection includes ten solid entries from the challenging franchise for you to work diligently to overcome. The best part is both of the games are only $4.99 each, meaning you could score a total of 18 games from these two collections and only spend ten bucks. Admit it – that’s rad.
Now is a great time to invest in some Konami nostalgia, too, as the company has been undergoing a corporate restructure that has left some people worried about what comes next for some of their favorite IPs. Konami has promised that they are not actually closing their gaming division, but what games they’re working on at the moment has been relatively difficult to ascertain.
In recent years, fans have expressed eagerness to see fresh Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid entries, but the publisher has been largely focused on producing ports of old-school games and pachinko machines rather than expanding significantly on their properties with new titles. But hey, that’s not so bad, since you can snag some of those sweet ports for such a cheap price in the current sale, right?
Here’s some of the best games included in Sony’s PSN Remasters and Retro Sale:
- Ape Escape 2 – $4.99
- Bully – $8.99
- Burnout Paradise Remastered – $7.99
- Castlevania Anniversary Collection – $4.99
- Contra Anniversary Collection – $4.99
- Dark Cloud – $5.99
- Dark Cloud 2 – $5.99
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered – $3.74
- Dead Rising – $5.99
- Dead Rising 2 – $5.99
- Devil May Cry HD Collection – $14.99
- Dragon’s Crown Pro – $6.99
- Gravity Rush Remastered – $9.89
- Grim Fandango Remastered – $3.74
- Katamari Damacy Reroll – $20.99
- LocoRoco Remastered – $7.49
- LocoRoco 2 Remastered – $7.49
- Mega Man 30th Anniversary Bundle – $40.19
- Metal Slug 3 – $3.74
- PaRappa the Rapper Remastered – $7.04
- PaRappa the Rapper 2 – $4.99
- Patapon Remastered – $7.49
- Patapon 2 Remastered – $8.99
- Okami HD – $9.99
- Resident Evil 2 & Resident Evil 3 Remake Bundle – $31.99
- Resident Evil Triple Pack – $19.63
- Shadow of the Colossus (Remake) – $12.99
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy – $15.99
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection – $9.99
- Wild Arms 3 – $7.49
- WipEout Omega Collection – $12.99
- Ys Origin – $7.99
As you can see, there’s no shortage of phenomenal classics to buy beyond the Konami compilations as well. But it’s not just ports and remasters on sale, as you can snag the excellent remakes of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 in a bundle for only $31.99, the joyful Spyro Reignited Trilogy for a meager $15.99, Bluepoint Games’ gorgeous Shadow of the Colossus remake for a palatable $12.99, and a variety of other remakes and retro-inspired games.
No matter what you might decide to buy in the sale, though, it’s worth celebrating how many amazing titles we still have access to on modern hardware. So pick your deal, kick back, and have a great nostalgia-fueled time. Just be sure to do so before February 10, 2021 when the sale is set to expire.